WOW! What an impressive guy, this Mike Haynes. And that he’s an NFL Hall of Famer is NOT the top reason why. In fact, not even close. Rather, it’s his perpetual commitment to serve that makes him so powerful. You’ll notice him use the words “serve” and “service” throughout the entire discourse.
This dialog rocked me a few times, and those times will be obvious to you. Here are a few of the highlights:
- 8:25: Mike’s experience defeating prostate cancer and how it led to him becoming a national spokesperson for it.
- 10:15: The importance of being proactive (at this point with respect to getting checked for prostate cancer or breast cancer, but more on being proactive later…)
- 13:10: What Mental Toughness means to Mike Haynes and why it must fundamentally involve service.
- 17:25: The difference between talking Mental Toughness and WALKING it.
- 19:30: You’ll be surprised by his response to the question, “When did you first think about playing professional football?”
- 22:25: The BIG ASK that opened up his career (THIS is where this interview starts getting real deep!)
- 27:55: The imperative nature of the courage to ask and the courage to move in the direction of your dreams.
- 29:25: Or maybe it isn’t even courage – maybe it’s DESIRE.
- 31:40: What this NFL Hall of Famer is most proud of. Which is why I love this guy so much!