Who gathers a group of six NON-mountaineers, trains them mentally and physically for a year and then climbs the tallest mountain in the Western Hemisphere with them? For personal and professional growth reasons. Who DOES that?!
Leadership Guide, Speaker and Author Stephen McGhee does.
And he’s my guest in this episode of Tough Talks. And what a treat he is! Stephen and I have spent exactly zero hours of time together in the same physical space but I have studied him and followed his work for years in such a way that I feel like he’s a brother. We have also shared the same amazing coaches so we really are kindred spirits. And that made for a really “spirited” dialog on purpose, passion, commitment, mental toughness, success, meditation and jumping into freezing cold water.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Mastery doesn’t mean perfection, it means progression.
- Urgency doesn’t mean being in a hurry, it means that since life is so precious, let’s create NOW with what we have.
- Getting “soft” as a Man.
- The WHY of the Aconcagua Men’s Project.
- Climbing as the metaphor for intrinsic freedom.
- The necessity of doing something completely “unreasonable.”
- “Suffering is underrated!”
- Who soaks in a goddamn ice bath for 4 minutes every morning?!
- His approach to integrating “bad news”
- The discipline of doing the thing you just don’t feel like doing.
- The Sanskrit origin of the word, “hu-man.”
- His gift to you for listening.
More about Stephen McGhee:
Click BUY and enter promo code: LEADERVIP