We’re going for a deep dive here today, folks, into the core of the human experience with a New York style Monk who has studied around the planet with great minds and mentors. He has degrees in Psychology and Chiropractic and his main focus now is coaching folks on living what he calls an Energy Rich Life. That is, living a life of productivity, vitality peace, connection and happiness.
His name is Dr. Fred Blum and he will simultaneously mesmerize you, soothe you, confuse the fuck out of you and entertain you. This is why I love him!
We’ve already decided that we need to do at least a two part series in order to do justice to some of the topics that can really affect the way folks experience peace, or not, and success, or not.
Here are some of the highlights from our conversation:
- The nature of the human ego is that it’s always dissatisfied, but contrary to many ancient philosophies, we do NOT want to kill the ego, we want to utilize it. (Yeah, we’re not easing into this dialog!)
- Our True nature is Oneness, not separateness.
- We are IN the world but not OF it.
- His unique definition of a “game” and how we’d all do well to live life as such.
- Planking (the exercise), suffering and surrender.
- How absurdly incorrect you are when you think something “shouldn’t be happening.”
- The highly advanced ability to permit yourself to fully experience an unpleasant emotion without getting involved with the story (thoughts) you have about it.
- You’re not who you think you are.
- The distinction between True Self and Ego/Identity/Separate Self.
- Running from pain is precisely what has it endure.
Fred has generously offered The Tough Talks community a complimentary coaching session with him. (That’s amazing.) If you’re interested you can contact him at:
Cell: 1 (512) 584-9075
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/fred.blum.37
His Facebook Live interview we referenced: https://www.facebook.com/fred.blum.37/videos/10157316647734050/?hc_ref=ARRDN2HgbhUrnvDbH257hdOcqm_DG6B0oiF42fpq0UpBzScko0c0-Pc_8Z4PPqLFY5o