Our guest today is a Keynote and TEDx Speaker, Workshop Facilitator, Transformational Coach and author of the internationally best-selling book, Fatherhood is Leadership: Your Playbook for Success, Self-Leadership and a Richer Life, Devon Bandison.
I like to think of Devon as the Queens, NY version of a hybrid of Yoda and Mark Twain. He is a lifelong student of the mind and a masterful storyteller. In our conversation today, he shares with us several powerful and accessible disciplines and practices that we can use day to day to strengthen the way we use our minds, create more joy and be more successful.
In our discussion we hit on:
- Changing the world one kind act at a time
- The practice of mimicking the greats until you come into “your own game”
- Keeping your cup overflowing so that you can “serve from the saucer”
- Devon’s “P.O.W.E.R. Hour” morning ritual
- Mental Toughness is prepackaged software that comes with every one of us
- If we went to jail for our thoughts, we all be in prison
- Specific tools to practice strengthening your thoughts
Devon’s electric personality and acerbic wit combined with his casual, homeboy wisdom will have you both entertained and enriched.